Friday, March 25, 2011

greets

Great idea Bryce, glad you got this started.

I'll start with this illustration I did a while back. I'm planning to continue this as a sort of series showing various sci-fi environments inhabited by mechs.



Inspired by all the stuff going on for the Polycount competitions, I thought I'd go back and finish up an old environment scene that I've had sitting on the shelf for a while. It's an industrial art deco environment using UDK. This one is still pretty WIP.



Crits welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome mech and I really like the environment piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Zack, still feel like the left leg of the mech (his left leg) flattens out the image, that sucker should be farther back! ,but awesome, love the mech design and the environment

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mech is really cool, I love the color choice. Orange is my favorite color for mechs and industrial equipment in general

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks guys! Arthur, I agree, orange and red are my favorite colors for mechs and other robotic stuff.

    Andrew, you mean like having the foot itself kind of occluded by the grassy hill instead of perched on top of it? That's a good idea, I'll have to try that. I never was too happy with how the perspective is working on the feet.

    ReplyDelete